Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Are we there yet?

Well, we did it. After what felt like an eternity we finally left our home, our town, our country. Yes, you read that right, if you didn't know before reading this, we are on our way to Mexico. It seems like we have been planning this forever, when in reality it has only been a few months. It also seemed like this day would never actually come.
Last month Nate went down with a trailer load of our important items, which left me behind with a houseful of things we weren't bringing. It was QUITE the task but after lots of handouts, yard sales, and donations, we finally cleaned it out. Needless to say, the past couple of weeks we have been living in an empty home. Talk about strange. And not all that comfortable. You never really think about how great a couch is until you haven't one. But God is so good to us and He was taking us through a glorious refining process. I learned that things are temporary, replaceable, and in a lot of cases, completely unnecessary. Also, in that time, I got a chance to make some amazing new friends. Which then brought up a question in my spirit, why now Lord? Why do you allow people into our lives just to uproot us from the growth that has been started... What He showed me was that He was building firm foundations in the body. He was allowing genuine transparency to be formed for His glory.

Beautiful.

But anyways, back to our story. To say the least, we were tired when we woke up this morning. The alarm buzzed at 5 am. The sun wasn't awake, my eyes were glued shut, and my body just kept saying, nooooooo.... But I knew that today was "the day", so I picked myself up and smiled anyway. I opened my bible to Psalm 59. Verses 16 and 17 spoke the loudest.

But I will sing of Your power;
yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
for You have been my defense
and refuge in the day of my trouble.
To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises;
for God is my defense,
my God of mercy.


Wow Lord, could You BE any more amazing?! We grumble, complain, whine and groan over trivial life matters and STILL He chooses to bless us. Still He chooses. Which makes me realize that we have a choice to make as well. Every single morning we can choose to sing praises to Him, or we can lament over the miseries of this world. I choose Jesus.
We set off at 7 am with the car loaded to the roof, perhaps we looked a wee bit like the beverly hillbillies. The only thing missing was granny and her rocker. Then we drove and drove and drove and drove and then drove some more. With a stop or two here and there, food, potty breaks, coffee (of course). And then finally, FINALLY, we found our destination. In the heart of the grapevine we nestled into the holiday inn express (oooh express eh?) Apparently the express part meant that it was infested with fleas. Yeah, gross I know, Nate killed half a dozen before he passed out in a REAL bed for the first time in a month. But all I kept thinking was, at least it's not bed bugs..! But seriously, yuck, and I'm almost positive he will be talking to the manager in the morning. (Cause that's just the way he rolls...) So here we are, sleeping in actual beds, with bona fide Labeck fleas and a jack in the box right out the front door. Mmmmmmm hmmm, it's the life baby. But, all humor aside, tomorrow evening we will officially step foot into our new home. I am excited and nervous, I'm anxious to see Shae and her family, but sad to leave my friends back home. I miss my family already, but I know that this change is necessary to draw us all deeper into the body of Christ. I am ecstatic to see what my Father has in store and I am so blessed by all of you.

Please don't forget us.
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment