Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First week.

Well, here it is, here we are, in our new home, making it home. We've been here for a week already, but it doesn't feel like it. I am starting to miss my family, my church, my other home. It feels like we are visiting, yet I know we are staying. It is strange and surreal. It is a place filled with such beauty that it leaves me overwhelmed and breathless. There are trees filled with fruit of so many kinds; citrus, pomegranate, avocado, pear, apple, guava, prickly pear (opuntia, or tuna), sapote, loquats, and yesterday we got our first batch of wild honey made from the nectar of all of these delectable fruit blossoms. It's close to perfect, aside from the dust monster that cannot be escaped. But I love it, I'm overjoyed that the Lord has called us to be here for a season, how long that season is I have yet to know. But He is teaching me patience and creating in me a willing heart.

As some of you may have read in Shae's blog, we have both been painting our homes. I just finished the girls room, I used a yellowish green on one wall, and an an aqua blue on the other three. If you ever saw the colors I did in their old room on Newton creek, it's the same paint. But I tweaked the yellow with a greenish color to make it a little less yellow and a tad more green. I'll soon be posting photos.
I have the first coat of paint done in the living room, it's a pea soup shade of green. The can of paint I bought originally was too brown so I added a pint of aqua that I happened to have. It came out the perfect shade of green for a living room. I'm excited to see the final product.

The girls are loving it here. First thing in the morning they want to be outside, playing on their bikes and exploring, and playing with Asa and Taiah of course. They are all getting along amazingly (mostly) with the exception of a squabble here and there, but nothing major. God is keeping them protected, so far Storie has been stung by a bee but nothing more than a minor scrape or scratch.

God has been working in a big way. I can feel Him in everything. I could go into more detail about my Father but I am working on another blog pertaining to just that. Keep checking for it. I'll give you a preview with this verse He shared with me in Luke.

Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”
- Luke 10:17-20

There is so much power in this passage that I am without words to describe it. If you want further insight on what God is doing in my life here at Tres Cruces, read all of Luke 10 and meditate on it. This shares exactly where I am.

We are feeling very blessed by your thoughts and prayers. Please don't stop.

Dios te bendiga!!
And mucho love to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Memorie -- glad to know you're all well, and that the kids are loving it! Who wouldn't, right? Any way, the "surreal" feeling, the "visiting" feeling you talk about, I know quite well. You know what? That NEVER ends -- but it does change from time to time. The big thing is to find joy in every one of those seasons of change. I am so sure that's how God really teaches us all of those things you say you have been learning about: patience, gratitude, compassion.

    The one thing I am committed to do now (in my situation, which is a little different than yours, I know) and that I never allowed myself to do before is to really FEEL it. And allow my emotions to flourish. Cry when you need. Laugh when you feel like it. Scream when you don't want to laugh. Grieve when your heart asks you to. But allow yourself to be and feel. God will be there for you any way, so why not experience it all?

    Most important, in my opinion, of course, is to keep a light heart, an open spirit. Then you will laugh with so much joy of all those alien-like moments! Because, now, girl -- hahahaha-- you are an ALIEN! (I love that to this day, what people call the "green card" is actually called my ALIEN CARD. And I have an ALIEN identification number. LOL.)

    Enjoy! God Bless!
    Juliana

    ReplyDelete