Friday, September 3, 2010

Obedience.

Before we left to come here, God used someone to speak to me. He told me to come with eyes to see, with ears to hear, with a willing heart. He told me to be open and sensitive to the Spirit. So I came with basic preparation to hear and see what my Father wanted. But what I saw wasn't at all what I had expected.

It came in with a wave of oppression. Almost immediately upon setting foot into our new home, I was weighed down. I felt like an oyster fighting a grain of sand, confined and uncomfortable. I couldn't make it go away. I prayed and pleaded that it would be gone, yet nothing, and my frustration grew. I blamed it on my emotions, moving blues, stress, anything and everything I could think of to pass it onto. But what I had yet to realize was that He was forming a pearl of wisdom within me.

A few afternoons ago, He took me to the orchard. With His Word in my hands, I sat at the foot of the mountain which holds the three crosses. I had no strength to speak, I wanted to pray, to cry out, but nothing. So I sat there and allowed myself to just be, while I took in all the beauty surrounding me. As time passed, my aching soul was slowly soothed by the warm orchard breeze, by the sweet sound of cooing doves, by the fragrant scent of orange blossoms. Then, as I entered into His rest, He pulled me into the past, not my past but the history of the land, and gave me a vision. He opened my eyes to a darkness that had been thriving here. He showed me the reason I had been filled with oppression. He revealed to me that He had authorized it to simply show me the strength of this principality. He wanted me to see where I would be if I turned away from Him. Then He filled me to overflowing and I could feel His heart breaking knowing that He had to allow pain when all He wanted to do was love. When I was finally ready to burst from His power, my eyes were opened and He showed me a verse.

2 Chronicles 16:9
"For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."


He spends His precious time seeking out fully committed hearts. Do you get that? FULLY COMMITTED. That's not the middle road, not lukewarm and partially loyal, but ALL THE WAY. All the way to wherever He wants to take us. That's His desire, to strengthen those whose hearts are completely willing and ready. Conviction is huge when it applies to you. It's a feeling of remorse knowing you disappointed Daddy, the one who created the world, the one who gives it all to prove His love for us. It should bring us to our knees in repentance. Then He gave me another verse. A confidence verse, the last half of Daniel 11:32

"but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits."

This filled me with the strength that only He can give and set my feet on the path before me. He showed me that He has something for everyone, that His desire is for ALL of His children to be strong, to do great things. And yet, sadly, it seems there is a short supply of fully armored disciples ready for battle. Wow, talk about adversity. In my growth I am discovering that with wisdom come much sorrow.

So now what, I know these things, but what do I do with them? I continued to sit, and wait, learning patience in the quiet moments. And then He lifted my gaze up to the crosses and showed me my first step. Climb the mountain. Ok, big deal right? Well, here's the thing, ordinarily this would be simple but last week one of the girls saw a rattlesnake on her journey up. Um, not a huge fan of snakes, and a death viper at that?! (Ok, ok, I'm adding a hint of drama for your sake, but still) "Uh, God? Are you sure about this? It's a big snake... What if it bites me?" Let me just tell you that my Papa in heaven is the greatest Father anyone could ever ask for. He filled me with peace and gave me a perfectly fitted verse (yeah, I'm pretty sure it was written for me for this specific situation).

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.


Seriously?! Nothing shall by ANY means hurt you..! He tells me I can walk through a pit of killer snakes and wade into an assembly of scorpions (which are here and yes they freak me out big-time) and NOT be touched. Woah. Now that holds some serious power. So, I went, I hiked the mountain and sat at the base of the crosses feeling grateful, feeling abundantly loved. It was simple, it was a tiny step in learning to listen, it was small but not without significance. I am in training, and growing , and letting go of childish things and learning to walk completely in His Spirit.

A friend shared this verse with me today. It was a completion to the puzzle. I know what is needed for His light to shine through me. And it all comes down to obedience.

Isaiah 60:1-3
Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising.


Blessings to you amigos and amigas. I pray with much devotion for all of you who are following me on my journey through this world. I plead with our Father for your eyes to see and ears to hear what it is that He has for you. I ask you to listen and to obey.

Peace to you all.
Dios te bendiga.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you my sister. What an amazing Word the Lord gave you! Continue to walk in His light and His wisdom.

    Hugs,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you really do let us into the depths of your heart on this blog, don't you? I love it...and I am so glad to hear and see what God is doing in you!

    God is so GOOD.

    ReplyDelete